American Culinary Federation Pittsburgh Chapter
William Foust Education Scholarship
Application deadline: December 15, 2017
Two Scholarships to be awarded:
Awardees to choose from either option below
- $1,200 scholarships to be applied towards culinary education, plus Student Culinarian membership to the ACF Pittsburgh Chapter for one year
- Attend Chef Connect: Charlotte, February 25 – 27, 2018, Includes 3-night hotel stay at The Westin Charlotte, full registration (includes meals and education sessions), and $200 for travel, plus Student Culinarian membership to the ACF Pittsburgh Chapter for one year
- Graduating high school seniors furthering their education in the hospitality industry who have been accepted in a culinary arts, pastry arts, or hospitality program in an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Students currently enrolled in a culinary arts, pastry arts, or hospitality program in an accredited post-secondary institution.
How to Apply
Application packet must include the following items and be
- Completed entry form
- Typed essay (1,000 to 1,500 words) describing who you are and what motivates you to a career in the hospitality industry
- Letter of acceptance from post-secondary school or proof of enrollment in degree or diploma program if currently enrolled
- Submit a minimum of one letter of recommendation as part of the application. The following individuals may write the letter; a culinary instructor, academic/career advisor, or professional member of the ACFPC.
- Please verify all documents are enclosed: Entry form, essay, acceptance letter or proof of enrollment, and letter of recommendation.
- Submit: By mail: American Culinary Federation Pittsburgh Chapter; C/O William Foust Scholarship; P.O. Box 16305; Pittsburgh, PA 15242 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions regarding the scholarship please contact Chef Cindy Tuite at email@example.com or 412-860-8043.
Application Deadline: To be considered for the William Foust Scholarship, completed application packet must be postmarked by December 15, 2017
Winner Commitment: The winners must commit to attend the 2018 ACF Pittsburgh Chapter Annual Awards Dinner, date to be announced
$1,200 scholarship will be paid directly to the education institution, no monies will be paid to winner
Hotel stay, registration, and travel assistance to Chef Connect Charlotte will be coordinated through ACF Pittsburgh Chapter