8/2/2017 - PART-TIME COOK POSITION - Washington Country Club, Washington, PA
Washington Country Club has a part time cook position open. Candidate must have skills in ala carte and banquet cooking.
Please contact Chef Scott Burkhart at 724-225-9245.
7/2/2017 - PART-TIME CULINARY ARTS INSTRUCTOR - Community College of Beaver County
CCBC is currently seeking applicants for a part-time faculty position in their Culinary Arts program. Requirements include a Culinary Arts degree with Baking concentration, Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferred; 5 years of current, related experience; a current National Restaurant Association ServSafe certificate and all required state and federal clearances.
The successful candidate will teach first-year Culinary Arts program courses which require thorough knowledge in commercial foods and baking techniques, including the equipment, tools, food preparation techniques, safety, sanitation, inventory maintenance, and maintenance of a commercial kitchen equipment and facility. The successful candidate will teach Sanitation Principles, requiring ServSafe certification.
To apply, visit www.ccbc.edu/Employment.
6/23/2017 - Executive Sous Chef - Allegheny Country Club - Sewickley, PA
The Club – Is an important part of Pittsburgh’s history for more than a century. Allegheny Country Club is a private, member-owned, and family friendly country club with extensive sport, recreational, and social activities. With a sustained commitment to excellence, members of all ages enjoy outstanding facilities and programming in a setting rich with tradition, inspiring the formation of enduring friendships. Food service and social programming is one of the most important aspects of the Club’s culture. The Club is seeking a well-rounded and technically-diverse Executive Sous Chef for immediate placement.
This position requires an engaged culinary professional, who is hands-on and capable of working closely with the club's recently promoted Executive Chef. The position requires someone equally strong at a la carte services, banquets, purchasing, and managing production with an engaged, culturally-diverse culinary team.
Expectations, Core Experiences & Competencies and Expectations
- This position will help to advance procedures, standards and culinary culture, assuring quality of products and services provided to members in all dining areas. Events and a la carte dining are key services to the membership!
- The Club will hire a professional with leadership qualities; preferably a senior sous chef, chef de cuisine at a reputable club and/or resort with well-rounded and diverse restaurant experiences and sound knowledge of banquet production.
- Able to follow the longstanding traditions of the Club and a culinary team with longevity.
- Accountable, responsible, efficient, and a willingness to partner with the Executive Chef pushing culinary culture into something truly dynamic.
- Systems and solutions orientated; Proven business sense.
- Ability to lead team and develop staff. Work stations as needed, and forge trust, respect and cohesiveness.
- Willingness to work the hours required and with presence.
Salary and Benefits
Allegheny Country Club is highly regarded for developing and retaining a solid team, making this a highly desirable position. This position is viewed as a final finishing position prior to earning an Executive Chef position in future years. As such, the right professional must be dedicated to career, craft, and growing as a leader. The position will offer a comprehensive package with excellent benefits and growth-oriented incentives. If you are interested in joining a dynamic team of culinary professionals in an exceptional culinary culture, innovation and foodservice standards, send us your resume, a cover letter and any menus, articles, pictures, etc. that you would like to attach.